Cladagh Glen National Nature Reserve is a wonderful example of damp ash woodland, once widespread this type of damp ash woodland is now rare in Ireland.
The area is protected as part of the wider Marlbank National Nature Reserve, Marlbank Area of Special Scientific Interest and part of the UNESCO Global Geopark.
Activities and Fieldwork include:
Woodland Wonders Studies 4 to 6 year olds
- Learn what a habitat is.
- Discover what animals and plants are found in the woodland.
- Search for woodland invertebrates using various sampling methods including pooters and nets.
- Living in a woodland habitat.
- Mini-beast hunt and species identification using simple keys.
- Tree and plant identification.
Woodland Adventure Studies 8 to 12 year olds
- Learn about different habitats and the species that live in them.
- Discover what plants and animals are found in woodland environments.
- Search for woodland invertebrates using various sampling techniques and methods.
- Mini beast hunt and species identification using simple keys .
- Learn about the importance of food chains and food webs.
- Investigate the adaptions or organisms and camouflage.
- Discover what animals and plants need to survive.
We will work with you to ensure that your visit compliments classroom based learning and your curriculum. We not only provide children with an educational visit but also with a memorable and enjoyable experience.More programmes