What if we told you that you could delve into the deep, explore a labyrinth of cave passages, hear a subterranean river and see chambers adorned with simply sensational formations…. all in under four minutes.
That might be physically impossible, but with a VR headset, enjoyed from the comfort of our VR Room its a breeze.Book Now
Cave Explorer Virtual Reality Experience
Cave Explorer VR Experience
Step into the subterranean world of the Marble Arch Caves in this experience which offers a 360 degree panoramic experience in our designed VR room. Through cutting edge virtual reality technology, 8K footage, surround sound and graphics the user is placed in the real-world cave system which invites a “deep time” understanding of the cave that spans over 340 million years!
Equipped with just a VR headset and simple head movements, visitors will be instantly whisked away into this subterranean world to discover its beauty and fragility, explore its landscape and surround yourself in its serene ambience. The experience offers a 3-minute virtual trip underground through the cave system. Begin your journey on Gortmacconnell viewpoint and delve underground and explore our cave system.
You will be guided through the experience by one of our expert team members, given brief history on the caves and key points.
(Please note this experience is a taster to the caves system to give visitors a quick glimpse of the underground world, for the full experience, please visit our guided cave tour section on our website)
Duration: 10 minutes
Accessibility: Access for all
Ability Level: Suitable for 5yrs+ parental guidance is advised.
The Cave Explorer VR Experience sessions are scheduled throughout the day. All sessions are led by a Guide, and you can guarantee your entry with a time slot and can book online or can be bought on the day. Sessions begin at the Visitor Centre, and you are required to register your arrival 15 minutes prior to your experience start time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Virtual Reality Experience
- Do I stand to use the VR Experience? No, the VR Experience runs in a seated area. You have the option to stand if you wish.
- Can I wear the Oculus headset with glasses? Yes, you can wear glasses with the headset. We suggest you take your time putting the headset on over your glasses.
- Is it easy to put on and take off the headset? Yes, the headset has adjustable straps which you can adjust to your fit.
- What if I need assistance during the VR Experience? We shall ahve a VR guide present who will explain the headset and how to use it. They shall be availble for any questions or assistance you may need.
- Is the experience accessible for all? Access to the Visitor Centre, VR Room and VR Experience is accessible for all.