Marble Arch Caves launches Christmas Star Competition for Local Schools
Following the announcement of our brand new Christmas experience, the addition of our Elf Escape Sensory Space to our holiday celebrations, we are looking forward to welcoming visitors from near and far to come along and join the Christmas fun as little elves takeover our grounds.
With this in mind we have decided to run a free competition offering local schools in the district the chance to win a class voucher to join the fun. All of our Christmas plans are in place but we are missing just one thing, 🌟 a star for our Christmas tree 🌟.
We are asking your students to get creative and design their most amazing Christmas Stars. Think outside the box, get crafty with recyclable materials, and the most unique and innovative star will be placed on top of our new Christmas tree within our Elf Escape Sensory Space.
If your star is chosen you will win a free voucher for your entire class for our Elf Escape Takeover event.
Good luck! We can’t wait to see your stars!
For more information and competition details please see below.
Competition Entries – the details
- The Christmas Star will be displayed on a 7ft x4ft tree, therefore as a guide, we kindly ask that stars are lightweight and no larger than (Height 20cm, width 20cm, depth 15cm).
- Please send/drop off the star(s) along with the Entry Slip (Click) to the following address – Marble Arch Caves, 43 Marlbank Road, Legnabrocky, Florencecourt, County Fermanagh, BT92 1EW. Note, we are happy for entries to be dropped-off at the Marble Arch Caves Visitor Centre during opening hours, but any postal entry costs must be covered by the school.
- We will accept a maximum of 3 star entries per school.
- We encourage the use of recyclable materials where possible in line with our ‘Leave No Trace’ ethos.
- No electronics, lighting, liquids or damaging materials of any kind can be attached.
- Once submitted stars may be altered slightly to fit our tree or hung from the ceiling.
- The closing date for entries is Tuesday 28th November.
- Entries which do not win will be proudly hung on display in the Marble Arch Caves Visitor Centre. Tags with the Name of School and Class e.g. P6 will be displayed alongside the stars.
- Local schools who have already made bookings for Elf Escape Takeover are welcome to take part.
- We would like to celebrate the winning school. With your consent we may take some imagery/videography of your class on the day of your visit.
- Eligible schools must be located/registered in the Fermanagh and Omagh District Council area.
- Home schoolers educating children at Primary level who are resident in Fermanagh and Omagh may also apply (capacity equivalent to one school class- below).
- Marble Arch Caves will never ask you to complete online forms for this competition. We will not ask for your account details for online platforms by private message/telephone or ask you to click a link within a reply.
Terms and Conditions
The winning school will be notified on Thursday 30th November and we will arrange for your voucher to be delivered to your school premises.
The winning school will receive an Elf Escape Takeover voucher which is redeemable during the event period, on weekdays (Monday to Friday) from Monday 4th December to Thursday 21st December.
This voucher is redeemable to the equivalent of one school class (maximum 30 students plus 3 teachers/adult supervisors) on the Elf Escape Takeover experience. This voucher is not redeemable for cash. The voucher is valid against set event times, which are subject to availability.
The winning Christmas Star and all other entries will be proudly displayed within the Elf Escape Sensory Space during the period of the public event, from Saturday 2nd December to Thursday 21st December. Christmas star entries will not be returned to schools post-event.